Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin on the Brain

My husband has really good taste. Not only does he have great taste in vintage ties, as some of you may have picked up on, or in diaper bags, or in shoes, or in restaurants, or in little girl clothes, etc. He also has really great taste in pumpkins. Yep, that's right. I've had my eye on Cinderella Pumpkins, as I like to call them, for several years now, but haven't felt like spending $10.00 on one, until this year. So, on a night when I needed some time to myself after a long day with the kids, my husband sent me off to the new JoAnn Fabrics (which is conveniently located almost in my back yard). He then took my kids to Central Market for dessert, and they all picked out this great pumpkin for Mommy, which warmly welcomed me home. I love it! I am going to be so sad when it starts stinking and rotting. How can I immortalize this pumpkin? I guess by dedicating this blog to it.

I love the Fall. I love the streams of butterflies flying south, the crisp mornings, the root vegetables, wearing my favorite sweaters, taking walks again (which is almost impossible in Texas in the summer), soups and foccacia bread, and snuggling (without sweating) with my husband. But I guess maybe my favorite part this year is my pumpkin.

3 comments:

darcie said...

Ahhh, life's simple pleasures--maybe we can try pumpkin empanadas??

Naomi Smith said...

it's lovely! perfect for your little place.
just don't let "snuggling with your pumpkin" top "snuggling with your husband" on your list of fall favorites, ok?

Unknown said...

Rachel is into pumpkins this year and gives her hearty approval