Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's Tradition

Today I am officially 8 months pregnant, and definitely feeling it. The nesting has been taking place for quite some time, but it has definitely intensified recently. For instance, just today I finished organizing baby clothes and stocking them in the attic; cleaned the guest room from top to bottom, including sheet cleaning and the like; and cleaned out both bathroom closets, on a whim... I wonder why all of this always happens right before a baby comes? If only I had this kind of motivation every Saturday.

But back to the reason for this post. It seems to be tradition for me to cram finish some scrapbooking project in the last month of pregnancy. And I just completed my 3rd traditional scrapbooking cramming...When I was pregnant with Amaleah, almost 3 1/2 years after our marriage, I completed our wedding scrapbook (I think it was within the last week of pregnancy). When Julia was in tow, I finished Amaleah's First Year scrapbook (she was almost 3 at the time), and today, I finished Julia's First Year scrapbook, and she is 3 1/2.

Those of you who scrapbook religiously, I have no idea how you keep up. I've decided that the only thing I scrapbook now is the first year of each baby's life, and the rest of the photos just go into an album (and Amaleah has that task right now, because I'm soooo behind in that area too!)


P. S. When my brain is functioning again, I plan a post detailing some of the curriculum I'm using this year, for those who have asked!

2 comments:

Michigan Kate said...

Yea!! you finished Julia's book! : )

Kara Clayton said...

To make you feel better I just finished Mine and Chris' wedding scrapbook about a month ago...8 1/2 years into our marriage. Glad you got hers done! Nest on!