Thursday, June 24, 2010

53 Days

It's been 53 days since I've posted a blog...I've tried, mind you, but I think I have "blogger's block." And it gets worse the longer I wait to blog! I've wondered why in the world my usually spilling-over-with-blog-ideas mind has come to a halt. It could be spiritual, because I truly have been pondering over deep issues as of late, like trying to figure out how I can live my life in light of God's Word in a more defined way...what does that look like in my family? with my neighbors? with people I run into from time to time at the pool?

Or it could be that I have a 9 month old boy. Is it too cliche' to say, "Boys will be boys?" Because they will, so I've discovered. He keeps me soooo scatter-brained with his constant games of lost and found (the found part being in his mouth) and his acrobatics (up the stairs! Did I mention he's only 9 months old?). I actually lost my purse in a store yesterday (thankfully some honest person turned it in) and his sippy cup (funny, no one turned that in!), and left the van door completely wide open the whole entire time we were at the pool the other day!

Needless to say, for whatever reason, my mind has been bone dry. But I'm trying to moisten it and get these writing juices going again!

List of things found in his mouth:
~roley-poley
~ random bug
~ piece of glass
~ wood
~ feathers
~ beads
~ bandaid
~ puzzle piece
~ wrapper
~ cotton
~ cat food
and on and on and on....

5 comments:

Kelly Hickman said...

Oh my gosh!! He sounds just like Madison (she's 10 months old) and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Sometimes other mothers are horrified when I don't rush to swipe the object out of her mouth. I've had to prioritize the danger level because if I kept everything out of her mouth, I'd never be able to get anything done!! :) Too funny!!

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

ECK! Joshua is the same! I'm just glad he knows when mommy says "spit it out" to spit whatever is in his mouth out NOW! LOL Oye it can be gross!

Julie said...

I'm SO glad you posted again. I've been thinking about you! I LOVE that pic of Landis...I could just eat him up! :) Hopefully it was at least a family bandaid..? Yuck! :)

darcie said...

what an irresistable face-and by the way, yesterday I extracted a white marble from your boys little mouth-

Michigan Kate said...

That picture of Landis is too cute!!