Thursday, February 3, 2011

God Walks With Us

Lately, I've been going through a women's study of the book of Job. We are searching out the Scriptures and looking at Job and his friends--the good, the bad, and the ugly.  It's been so good to see how this study is coinciding with life; how God teaches His truth in the midst of our own daily living, and how it often intersects with our Biblical study.

Recently, my local Christian community has been contemplating repentance and God's forgiveness.  It seems to be a theme, at least in my neck of the woods (hmmm..a theme in the Bible too?) And in light of circumstances and trials that happen all around us, just like Job's, whether it be a child's serious illness, financial crisis, a natural disaster, or straight up and up sin that leaves devastating consequences, I've been pondering how it all relates in light of God's goodness and the hope we have in Him.

And He brought some light to my burdened thoughts this morning. God will never leave us or forsake us! And that stays the same, even after a believer sins. We confess, He forgives. And then what? Sometimes those sins come with very traumatic consequences, with very real and evident effects. But it amazes me that through that, while God allows the consequences, He walks through them with us. It's such a beautiful picture to me to realize that God, the one who we've ultimately sinned against, forgives us and walks with us in the mess.  We cry out to Him, and He answers us.


It reminds me of a sweet sight I saw not long ago, when a parent and child, previously separated by sin, walked along together hand in hand. Oh what love the Father has for us! He walks hand in hand with us even after the mess we make.

So I am praising God today as I see His beauty and the promises He's made for us in His Word. I hope that brings comfort to you too, wherever you may be in your spiritual journey.





Hebrews 13:5b, "For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Psalm 55:22, "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

No comments: