Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life with Girls

We drove home from a long day at a local outlet mall, having forgotten all the toys and books and writing instruments good mommies usually remember on road trips. Alas, it wasn't so bad. Actually, it was one of the more pleasant rides we've had in recent days. Amaleah begged Daddy to tell his side of the story about our wedding day (since I had the privilege of sharing my story earlier this week), and of course I filled in all the blanks. When asked to embark down memory lane, Luke replied "do you want me to tell you the exciting part or the whole story?" with a smirk at me (I'm sure you married ladies can guess where he was going). Fortunately she wanted the whole story :)

After baths and PJ's, two tired girls and I snuggled down for a few relaxing minutes of Anne of Green Gables, and I was once again struck by the pleasant joy it is to live with little girls. I may not always have just girls, but for now, life is filled with ribbons and bows, heals and pink (lots of pink), weddings and princesses, tea parties and handicrafts, and cute little comments like, "Mommy, why do little boys have to annoy me soooo much?"

So the following pictures are an ode to life with girls...













3 comments:

Amber said...

That is so sweet! I love all the pictures! I only have Wyatt but someday... I want girls!

Tamra Perkinson said...

Welcome to the blog world! I get so excited when someone I desperately want to keep up with starts a blog. I miss you guys SO much! It dawned on me just now that the last time we saw you guys was this time last year. Remember, you happened to be in town right around Cait's birthday and you guys were able to come to the party? How fun is that? Wish you were going to be in town again this year! Cait is having a tea party on Aug 2nd. Any chance to find you guys in town then? Long shot, I know!
Know that I am going to be an avid reader of your new blog! I love seeing what's going on in your life and watching the girls grow!

Hope to talk to you soon,
Tamra

Kelly said...

Truly, God knows how to give good gifts -- you're the perfect girl mom, and I definitely do better with "annoying boys!"