Thursday, July 17, 2008

What fragrance are you wearing?

I came across this verse this morning, and was encouraged, inspired, convicted.

2 Corinthians 2:14, "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffusese the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are perishing."

Is this true of me? Do I smell like Christ? Do others sense His presence in my life when they are around me? I think very often the aroma of sin is lingering. But this is my desire. I hope that I as a believer am out in the world, living life, and smelling...I hope I smell good.

2 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

a good reminder, Gab . . .
I was wondering about this in terms of my family; I wonder if Malachai and Josu delight in the fragrance of Christ through me?

Kelly said...

Charles Spurgeon talks about this verse in reference to that of a perfume bottle and how the true test of our aroma is known when the "pressure" is applied. As you said, such a conviciting passage to remember!