Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meet me in the Throne Room

My mom and I from time to time ask each other if we were in the throne room together that morning. Or we'll plan to meet in the throne room the next day. In case you haven't figured out what this means: one day it just sort of dawned on me that when I am up in the early hours of the morning praying and spending time with God, others, like my mom, are doing the same thing, and in effect we are all in throne room of God together at the same time. I think that's very profound and awesome.

It has always amazed me how God can be so personal with me, and yet so personal with all of His children, even at the same time! And then another amazement is that we share in the fellowship of the Father together, like brothers and sisters!

So after my meeting in the throne room this morning I contemplated how I can remember what I've studied and pass it on to my children today. The Lord showed me this verse that I think answers that question.

Psalm 71:8, "Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day."

I think my children will have a pretty good idea of what I've learned if this verse is true of me today. Hey, will you meet me in the throne room tomorrow?

No comments: