Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's the Simple Things

Man, it's been a long time! Traveling takes alot out of a tired mommy! Luke and I went to Mexico a week and a half and ago and had such a relaxing, wonderful time. I could go into daily details, but I think if I just mention this: beautiful beach, hot sun, dips in the pool, no kids...you get the picture. What I will detail is one of the million ways my husband is the best (for those of you who are confused on that point). Let me explain...

Because my husband likes to treat me to fancy dinners, we went to the fanciest restaurant at the resort for our last night. It featured primarily outdoor seating, and who can resist the sound of the enormous waves during dinner? However, September isn't "off-season" for no reason...it is sooooo hot there this time of year. Needless to say, I was sweating profusely, and had oh-so-accidentally forgotten my rubberband for my toooo heavy and hot hair! I just couldn't enjoy my food, and I felt really bad about that, but the heat was making me lose my appetite. So, like any fantastically wonderful, absolutely self-less husband would, my dearest of dears hopped from his seat, ran back to the room (not very close, I might add), and fetched my cherished rubber band for me.
Seriously, it's those little things that make me remember our dating days and why I fell in love with him in the first place...and still am in love with him!

2 comments:

darcie said...

this is nice, Gabrielle-it's good for our hearts to recognize and remember those small, seeminly insignificant expressions of love.

Naomi Smith said...

yes! I like love stories!
and I REALLY like that our kids are growing up seeing our husbands love us like that.

. . . that man comes from a fine family; a fine family indeed! . ..