Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Tooth Fairy


The tooth fairy came to our house the other night. Not because my sweet 5 year old is growing up and has finally lost a tooth. No, when Am was a mere almost 4 yr old, she ran into her bedroom, jumped on her bed and slammed two of her cute teeth straight out of her mouth, root and all. I, being a good Mommy, saved those precious teeth (over a few tears, I must admit), and that same little girl can be found every so often looking at those little teeth in awe. It wasn't until recently that she realized she never got to make a secret wish on those teeth...Hmm, so I finally gave in and told her to put her teeth under her pillow. She asks, "How will the tooth fairy know my wish?" I say, "Well, you better tell your Mommy just to be sure." "When will my wish come true?" "You'll know it'll come true if your teeth are gone in the morning." (I'm totally making all of this stuff up as I go...thinking, "when do I break it to her, we are definitely not Santa people, so we sure as heck can't be tooth fairy people"). She faithfully put her teeth under her pillow, and I (although I almost forgot) faithfully removed them and left 2 bucks...She comes down the next morning with her 2 bucks "Mommy, look what was under my pillow? Mommy, are you the tooth fairy?" I guess she figured it out when I fulfilled her wish...a chocolate ice cream cone (and her sister got one with vanilla ice cream so the "drips won't spot.")...I guess if you read to your children, you'll know which book that came from...

3 comments:

Michigan Kate said...

Such a cute picture : )

Naomi Smith said...

we love Sal!
we love Amaleah even more!
(boy, she sure helped you out of THAT mess, didn't she?) :)

Daniele said...

The picture is my favorite part...