Friday, November 14, 2008

We must have been Kings and Queens

Amaleah discovered a collection of cigar boxes my husband has acquired over the years. He's never really known what he'll do with them, but they stay on (after much prodding from me to purge.) Luke has this tendency to create, albeit eccentrically. Well, in a perfect "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" moment, Amaleah opens them up and asks if she can use them.
Sure, why not. So here they are.

Why didn't I ever think of that? A perfect little traveling desk, complete with paper, pencil, pencil sharpener, stencils, crayons, stickers, etc. She outfitted one for Julia too. All it takes to meet the needs of two prolific artists. The cutest thing about it is that she keeps looking at the cover (an ornate crown) and saying, "You and Daddy must have been kings and queens Mommy, these are so beautiful." I keep wondering if we should decoupage them....

4 comments:

Amber said...

That is too cute! And what a creative way to use them! I never would have thought of that!

Michigan Kate said...

It's interesting to see what inventive things kids come up with. I'm sure that it will be the first of many : )

DawnTreader said...

Oh, Gabrielle, it seems a shame to decoupage them - they look great as they are. I use one that is almost identical as a jewelry box and it holds all my pins (that I almost never wear). :)

Rachel sometimes plays with them early in the morning when I'm in the shower and she has gotten up waaay too early, which happens pretty often. She loves the box, too.

But you know, that lap desk idea is really great, I might have to find another something to hold my pins.

Annie

darcie said...

You would never guess where your dear husband learned to collect strange things. From an older tree from which he fell, his popi.
ps He still is collecting things. I guess you need to be warned about that quirky habit. (love popi posing as Darcie)