Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

So I thought I'd share my New Year's Resolutions with you all...maybe it will keep me more accountable...here's the list:

~Wake up every morning at 5:30 am and work out
~Use hot oil treatments on my hair regularly
~Drink 8 glasses of water a day, with squeezed lemon for cleansing
~Apply anti-wrinkle cream two times a day, no exceptions (I'm pushing 30)
~Cook only wholesome meals, no frozen foods whatsoever
~Avoid fast food, even if kids have to wait another 2 hours for lunch (it's healthier)
~Never scold my children, never, never
~Massage Luke's shoulders and feet every night
~Mop the floor 3-5 times a day (for germ's sake)
~Put photos in albums as soon as they arrive home from Wolf Camera
~Use every opportunity in life as a teaching moment for my children
~If I wake up in the night, take it as a cue to pray for 1 hour
~Practice the piano for 2 hours a day
~Clean out my kitchen sink twice a day
~Clean and organize the garage
~Clean the windows once a week

So, what do you think? Totally do-able...
Not!--so here's the real list:

*Play with my children more
*Drink only one Dr. Pepper a week (really really hard for me)
*Keep a prayer journal

This year's motto: Keep it Simple!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! at first i thought you were serious. it wasnt until i got to resolution #8 that i realized it was all an utterly rediculous joke. like THAT would ever happen.

but seriously, you already fulfill every resolution on your list. why do you feel the need to be so modest. that list doesnt even need to exist

-why would you need to work out? your body burns all it's calories from our shopping and the mexican food we eat
-your hair is the most naturally oily hair i've ever seen
-forget ani-wrinkle cream. we all know that you can DEFFINATELY afford plastic surgery and botox now.
-you dont just pray one hour a night, you pray every hour of the day
-who needs lemon squeezed water when i'm pretty sure all of our laughing was enough to cleanse our body and soul for a whole year.
-wholesome? you can take back what you said about your food being healthier than fast food. your mashed potatoes have enough butter and cheese to kill a person. but yet SOOOO GOOOOD!!
-there is no need to even think about scolding your kids when you and luke produced the most perfect human beings on the face of this planet....who am i kidding, i forgot that julia was your decendant)
-as for keeping a clean house....you know that i know how you are already obsessed with cleaning up after us. :)

i LOVE you
the end
Mercy

Unknown said...

okay, that was really good mercy...I totally laughes out loud alot, and really, really, miss you...

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Oh My,
I also totaly fell for that till almost to the end. :-D

And I LOVE your comments back Mercy! Awesome!

I think "Keepin it Simple" is a great thing to do this year! :-D

Rachel said...

so, I DID fall for it all the way...right up until you gave your new list. and I was feeling so embarrassed because my list wasn't even half that long (and I was thinking, "wow, mothers sure figure out how to manage their time").

Amber Smith said...

I am so glad that you weren't serious with that first list. I was starting to get really stressed while reading it. I like your keep it simple idea better.

Naomi Smith said...

it's about TIME that you start mopping that floor more often!

hehe

and Mercy, you are hilarious. my favorite was how you affirmed Gab by telling her that her hair "is the most naturally oily hair I've ever seen"
sweet!

Stephanie said...

Ok, I don't know you well enough to have known you were kidding, so I was getting heart palpitations just reading your list. And thinking to myself, "Oh, we could NEVER be friends!" :) Whew! The second list is MUCH better!