Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Poem

I realize I haven't been very good at posting lately, but maybe this poem that I gave to Luke a few weeks ago will help explain things a bit...

A Love Story, by Gabrielle

This story begins with a girl and a guy,
She was quite forward, he was quite shy.
In love they did wed on a cold wintry day,
And off to the city for three years to stay.


Adventures they welcomed, both small and great;
From Dallas to Durham, they moved state to state.
But not without having a little love child,
Gone were the days, carefree and wild.


Oh but who knew of the joys in store,
Of giggles and kisses and diapers galore.
The love they did share with their family of three,
Soon grew to four, and she wasn’t free.


And though you might think that this story thus ends,
That’s where you’re wrong, for it merely just bends.
You see this cute couple strongly believes,
“One love child per city before you do leave.”


And though they are sure this is where they will stay,
Man plans his steps and God guides his way.
He has decided for now that this hive,
Come September perhaps will turn into five...


So there you have it...my computer time has been replaced with couch, cracker, and peppermint time, and I expect it will stay this way for a while. And in case you read the poem and have not a clue what it means, baby #3 is on its way, Lord willing, and I am 8 weeks pregnant due September 26. We covet your prayers!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! #3! it'll be great! you can name this one after my first name.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! How exciting! And I loooove the poem! Is that how you shared the news with him as well? :)

sharontidwell said...

Congratulations!! I know we talked about this briefly when we got together---wow!! My friend Leigh said that having three kids means organized chaos...when you get the hang of it and I think that is a wonderful way to explain a family of five:)

Kelly Hickman said...

How wonderful!! I am due with my second baby August 5th, so I am just getting over my "pregnancy sickness". Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Kelly Hickman

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

:-D
Hope your morning sickness dosn't last for long!!! ECK! :-D SOOOO glad to be DONE with that.... sigh

Congrats!!!!
So cool that our babies will be born not to far apart! :-D

Amber said...

Oh My... how exciting!!!!! Congratulations Gab! What a fun way to tell people! Yeah! I can't wait to meet this little bundle of joy! We will be praying for you and baby!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was waiting for an announcement!

Laura

Abigail said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful! we are so excited with and for you guys!

Janelle and Ella said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!

FordeFam said...

Yay! Congrats!!! That just happens to be my hubby's bday!!! :) What a fun day! ;)

Kathryn said...

Oh, congratulations!! I thought by the 3rd stanza "I bet she's pregnant!". Three is busier than two, but just as grand!
Kathryn

Daniele said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

rochelle said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful poem. Our family will be praying for your family. We will look forward to meeting #3.

Rochelle Ripley

Caroline said...

What a creative way to tell the world...my mom would consider you a kindred spirit! Congrats again!!! I am so excited for you!!! Oh an I won't ask you if you're having a homebirth, but I will ask you...will you be using Dr. Newton??? Having babies is so exciting!!!

Michelle Kasper said...

That is so wonderful! I do hope the morning sickness passes soon. Your poem is very creative.

Margie said...

Congrats!! I can't believe your Mom didn't tell me! We're so happy for you and Luke and for the big sisters!! A family of five is a very good size :)

Naomi Smith said...

a "little love child", eh?
you are too, too funny.
very clever.
congratulations!

LAE said...

Ah, congratulations! I am so happy for you both.

That was a very lovely (and creative) poem I might add. :o)

Amber Smith said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

Tamra Lewis said...

WOW!!! I can't believe I'm just now catching up on my blog reading! I feel so out of the loop!!!
Congratulations, friend!
Love you!
Tamra

Kara Clayton said...

Fun!!! And congratulations! The transition from two to three was the easiest and most smooth one for us...we'll save the story of the transition to 4 for later! :-) Maybe God will bless you with a sweet little boy this time, I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE boys!!! They are so fun, but I'm sure girls are just as much fun, just in many different ways. Love ya girl and still miss y'all!

Erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!