Saturday, July 11, 2009

Domestic Goddesses


This summer has been like a blast from the past; a blast from my college days. Mercy, Luke's youngest sister, has been spending alot of time with us, and is actually living with us right now as her parents are out of town for a month. With the wonders of Mercy come the wonders of her friend Kelcy. Both have become everyday language for me and my girls, so much so that when Amaleah is beading her necklaces and earrings, it's "this one's for Mommy, this one's for Mercy, and this one's for Kelcy."
So recently these girls decided we should have a "sticky bun" day. Well, in actuality they were cinnamon rolls, but what fun we had. They call themselves the Domestic Goddesses, and of course I'm the tutor. I made the dough, then they came and rolled it out and added all the delicious yumminess (lots of butter and brown sugar), rolled them up, cut them, and baked them...then of course ate them. You know you're working with college students when one of them asks if we can make the dough pink or red or something..."No, we'll just keep it like this..."
I'm not sure what's on the menu next, but I'm hoping it will be soon, because it gives me an excuse to gratify my sweet tooth cravings!

3 comments:

Michigan Kate said...

mmmmm.... looks yummy!

Naomi Smith said...

send them our way; I could use someone to make cinnamon rolls for us!

mercy newton said...

naomi-
we ARE coming your way!...that is, if you can wait till december.