Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It Takes a Little Time Sometimes

I have wanted a flannel board for our kids ever since Amaleah was in preschool. About every 6 months I've looked for one on-line and gotten all excited about them, but for some reason have just not bought one, mostly because it was hard to fork over the cash. So this year, once again, I was looking at them at the learning store, and had it in my hand to buy, and I couldn't! I just couldn't pay $25 bucks for felt! So, finally, finally, finally, I bought some felt at the fabric store for like 3 bucks, had Luke cut me a piece of card board, and I literally taped the felt around the cardboard, and my dream has come true...And now, I can use the extra 20 bucks I saved to buy some more pre-cut flannel stories or sets!



Julia loves it!

2 comments:

darcie said...

I like flannel boards too-and actually, your homemade one looks alot nicer than the store bought ones I had. I'll search the closet since I think I have some flannel cutouts that Julia would like--if I can find them!

Naomi Smith said...

niiiiiiiice! I still remember the flannel board!