Saturday, July 17, 2010

Heads or Tails

Today, the kids pulled out the very-well-used Candy Land game for another day of tournaments. Darcie was here, and I noticed how she flips a coin to get the game started. I've noticed her doing this with my kids in the past, and I always think, "Why don't I remember to do that?" It's practical, diplomatic, peaceable, and not to mention Biblical (you know, along the same lines as casting lots). But I wouldn't expect anything less from her. So here's to flipping a coin!!!

*Notice the blue tape around the edge of the coffee table?
Yeah, that's to protect the wood and finish from Landis's sharp little gnawing teeth...

1 comment:

darcie said...

the children seem intrigued by the process and never argue about the results of the toss-and actually the credit goes to Papi who even uses the coin with the children at his school!
hmmmm, and that was a pretty sweet game of Candy Land, if I do say so myself.