Monday, March 7, 2011

Those who are with young...

For all those mommies out there who might be...
~ nursing your family back to health after a week of sickness 
~struggling with exhaustion
~at the brink of losing all your patience, or worse yet, losing your temper 
~tripping over mounds of laundry 
~tired of serving and eating bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, and potatoes
~missing out on quiet moments with the Lord

Isaiah 40:11,
"He will feed His flock like a shepherd; 
He will gather the lambs with His arm, 
and carry them in His bosom, and 
gently lead those who are with young."

I'm sure you guessed that this was me last week, and when I did capture one quiet moment to open up the Word, seriously this is what the Lord showed me.  And yes, while I'm not necessarily an advocate of this method of reading Scripture, I literally opened the Bible to this page and here it was.  And I was comforted.  And that is all I needed for that very moment.  
Julia's sick mat

3 comments:

Michelle said...

One of my favorite mothering passages. I often find comfort therein. :)Hoping everyone is well soon!

sharontidwell said...

I am writing this verse on my index card and putting it above the washing machine where I have been putting "sickly" bedding in all week. Thank you for this very encouraging post!!

Denise said...

Awesome to know you are back up and running! I love the photo! And for the encouragement from God's Word.