Thursday, May 28, 2009

To Spain and France and Back Again


Oh the joys of being with family, especially being reunited with family you haven't seen in at least a year. My joy was definitely made full these past two weeks as we traveled to Europe to enjoy meaningful time with Luke's sisters and their families. I can't help feeling homesick in a way this week as I think of the delight it was to be with my family, who also are my deepest and dearest friends. I could go into nostalgic detail of all the special times I've had with Luke's sisters over the last 16 years, but I won't. Just take my word for it: they are dear to my heart and I wish I could see them more often .
But I'm thankful for the time we had: lots of walks and talks; trips to the park; late night coffee (which never disappointed), pastries and coffee at the local "pasteleria;" loud, noisy children reveling in the fun of being with cousins; amazing food (amazing--Naomi you're awesome!); beach trips; France trip; pasta making; loud, noisy, rambunctious children (did I already mention that?); and the list goes on.
It was priceless, magical (as Naomi calls it), and totally worth the jet lag my children are still suffering from (which translates into middle of the night wakings and early morning rising). We lived it and loved it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great picture! You are so right the Newton girls are sooo special (and you're one of them!)

Naomi Smith said...

oh man, we totally, totally miss you guys!
it was good. SO good. thanks for coming!

godnov said...

Such a beautiful picture of all of you! So glad you enjoyed a sweet time together!