Thursday, March 17, 2011

Get Real, Part 2

So yesterday, I ranted and raved about women, me included, attempting to challenge us to be more real with each other and to stop putting on airs.  Now that you're feeling guilty about this, lighten up and look at my house this week.  You'll feel much better, believe me.  
yes, there's a griddle, a book of wallpaper samples,
and a roll of paper on the ironing board.  usually there's
a cat there and I have to dust off all his hair before I iron.
the shoe basket on many occasion is filled up to
the top of the table, seriously. it is an actual chore:
empty shoe basket. obviously not this week.
so my washer started spilling forth water yesterday,
 all over the laundry room floor.  nice.
the playroom. yes, there's a jogging stroller in there.
no, i don't jog. no pretentions there. 
yes, there's a bed in there. what, you don't have a bed in your playroom?
so we're behind on putting things in our attic, what's it to ya...
there's always something on the stairs to take up. i'm the one that started that
bad habit--not taking things up right away, but letting them stack up
and taking them all at once. now all my kids do it. time saver, right?
the garage. enough said.
wait, not enough said--yes, there's old tomato plants from the fall hanging from
the ceiling; someone told me to do that to help them ripen.  they've been ripening
there for five months. tomato salad anyone?
the backyard. so before you go getting all dreamy about my lovely gardening
posts, take a good look at what i walk out to. the wood used to be in a neat stack,
but i have kids. who can resist a good stack of wood? the grill never gets covered.
the cover lays nicely in a pile next to it. and yes that's a random chair. not even mine.
used to be on the street for trash until my sister in law rescued it from the
neighbor's yard. and it has a mate. lovely. i knew it'd be stuck in my backyard for
a long time. knew it.

yes, that's a stroller i haven't put back together again, after
it got sprayed by a stray cat, and we had to wash it.
 now it's full of golf balls.
thanks to my father in law, sister in law, and my children.  long story.

Alright, so do you need more? I can post more, really. But maybe you get the idea.
Now go and be real. Seriously.




okay, one more picture for those of you who were craving more...
yes, my babies are messy too. no, i haven't trained him to eat neatly with
a spoon. yes, he throws food, bowls, cups, and utensils.
we're working on it, okay?

5 comments:

Heather Pelczar said...

I. love. you. This had me smiling ear to ear. Because I am so similar. I am all for being real. all the time. Wish I could have you and all your (apparently shoeless and messy eating) children over for a good play in our backyard (also with randomly arranged patio seating- coffee?)

lizandbunyan said...

I love your photos. I love the shoe basket idea actually! It beats looking all over the house for everyone's shoes because they're in different places.
I would love some garage tomatoes too along with the golf balls if I ever run out.
I think we should continue doing a post like this from time to time. It's so refreshing!

darcie said...

before I got to the picture of the stroller with the golf balls, Papi asked, "did she say anything about golf balls??
hmmm, welcome to the family.
Jamey sends love too. . .

Denise said...

Awesome post. I may have to copy this idea... hmmm...

Love the honesty. Can't wait to have coffee!

Mercy Newton said...

man, your house looks aweful.

and i still have big ideas for that chair....just so you know, in case you were getting any bad alternative ideas for it.